Studying with children

Studying with children and the “Studierenden-Elternpass” (StEP, student-parent-pass)

Do you have children and are about to start your university studies? Are you going to become a parent during your studies? The University of Konstanz is pleased to welcome parents! The Studierenden-Elternpass (StEP, student-parent-pass) provides you with access to family-friendly institutions, measures and services across the university.

Family support at the University of Konstanz

More important information about leaves of absence, childcare services, Elterngeld (parental leave allowance), etc. is available on the University of Konstanz’s studying with children pages . The Office for Equal Opportunity, Family Affairs and Diversity provides comprehensive advice and services.

Departmental services to help you plan your studies

Individual study arrangements should be made with the director of the departmental administration Dr Michael Kieninger.

Sitting examinations during a period of parental leave

In principle, you can participate in courses and exams whilst on maternity or parental leave.

Studying abroad with children

Information about the University of Konstanz’s partner universities and funding opportunities for your study abroad stay is available from the ERASMUS coordinator of the Faculty of Humanities and/or from the International Office. The Office for Equal Opportunity, Family Affairs and Diversity can provide additional information about studying abroad with children.